Sunday, September 6, 2009

Confucius say...she's on her way!

Jennifer, proxy-blogger here. Well - Kirsten rolled out of the driveway about an hour ago (8:23 p.m.) on her way to Florida. We had a nice dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant, during which she informed me that my blogs must be witty and fun. So I turn to the age-old wisdom of... our fortune cookies! Tonight, in honor of the ride, we add "on the bike" to our cookie-isms. Hers: "You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music, on the bike."
Mine: "He who hurries cannot walk with dignity, on the bike."

So- I guess this means that her XM radio and multiple hours of audio books (The Hobbit, NPR's pet driveway moments, John Grisham novel...) will keep her entertained and focused during those many miles. And that I may not always be quick with my proxy-posts, but I will be dignified.

On a personal note - thanks to everyone who is looking out for her on this ride. You all in Florida, Texas, California.... it's a blessing to know there are angels along the way. I packed her some homemade peanut butter cookies this afternoon, but really, those will only go so far.

And that's the news on this eve of the 100 CCC. Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm posting Kirsten's (and your) blogs on our Multiply site where most of the FLMMs are. We'll be sending our positive thoughts and energies with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wish I had a ghost blogger for my rides! Can I hire you! Thanks for keeping us up to date and Susan will cross post for us FLAMMs on our Multiply blog site.
    BEST WISHES KIRSTEN!
    Tammy Jenkins

    ReplyDelete