Thursday, August 12, 2010

... Mr. Happy meets Giant Prairie Dog

And so, in our previous story Mr. Happy (MH - if you'd like to suggest a better name, feel free, but remember, this is a "family" website) let me know in no uncertain terms that he wanted to meet the giant prairie dog we saw while traveling down a rural Kansas road.

With nothing better to do but kill time on my way to Denver, I thought, "Why not? This could be fun."

Slowly we approached the stoic looking rodent. I wondered if we should make some kind of plaintive gesture to ensure the creature knew we meant no harm, but one never quite knows when they haven't seen an episode explaining the intricacies of giant prairie dog behaviour on the Discovery channel.

Mr. Happy & P-dog
Making our way up the hill in a cautious but determined manner, we soon realized P-dog (as we found out he likes to be called) enjoyed entertaining company. Soon he was holding MH and they were carrying on like old friends. I, on the other hand, was just cooking in the mid-day sun and requested to we continue on our journey west.

But this was not MH's first adventure. It started in Olathe, KS when I stopped at the mothership for all Garmin GPS units. But that's a story for another post.

1 comment:

  1. I hope MH appreciates you taking time for him to get to meet new friends along your trip.

    ReplyDelete