Monday, June 23, 2014

The Dirty Truth.... supplemental photo/video evidence

Thanks to our hosts and especially Steve Anderson who was the photographer of the day.  He's skill with a camera is phenomenal so I can't wait to see more on the Morton's BMW facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MortonsBMW).  Steve was kind enough to email this shot to me directly.

Just after traversing our introductory mud pits, the road got a bunch better (yes, it's still sloppy, but in comparison, this is a highway).  Just about when I saw Steve I realized I'd forgotten to lower the chinbar on my helmet.  It made me that much more nervous, but you can just about see the sweat dripping off my nose!

Earlier in the day one of our fellow riders (thanks Stephen Creamer) offered to take videos of folks on one of the drills.  At first I declined as there were so many folks falling on this one.  But then, what the heck.  It might prove to be a good laugh. So, here ya go.  If you listen just before I start to come back down you'll here me remind myself to look up and ahead.



The Drill:
Start on a slight incline from a stop to go up to the first set of cones.
Stop with feet down.  From stop go to final set of cones.
Stop and turn off bike (yes, for me on the tall bike that meant feet down and a hand off the bars!).
Once the bike is off, with bike in gear use the clutch only to back up and to the side to get perpendicular to the hill.
Move the front tire back and forth to get the bike pointed down hill.
Turn on bike and head down hill.

Lesson #6:  When going up hill move weight to the front of the bike by leaning up and towards or even over the handlebar.  When going down hill move weight to the back of the bike by leaning butt over back of bike.
[Why I know this is important - watch the video... I made it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment