Sunday, June 15, 2014

Making it Official

Okay, I've delayed posting this, but I'm making it official.  I was drawn for the 2015 IBR and am planning on running the rally (lord willin' and the creek don't rise).

So, I'm going to add a bit here and there to this blog.  I'll chronicle my preparation for the ride and give some insight into what I've experienced.  For those that have been following along in the past, you know I value the input and truly appreciate the well wishes.  As with so many endurance sports, a good bit of this is mental.

Up until May of this year, I have not run any rallys since the 2011 IBR ... so, I'm both a good bit out of shape (I've been running, but back issues have gotten significant) and, amazingly, technology has changed in the past three years.

2012_or_002

Next weekend I do something I've wanted to do for a number of years to enhance my skills.  Thanks to a riding friend (yeah, that's you Scott) I have a bike (BMW x-challenge) to ride during Morton's Off-Road Training (http://ow.ly/y35qd ).  Finally after years of "opps, Garmin, why am I going down this abandoned logging track on my RT?" kind of moments, I hope to gain a few skills in the dirt.

gs_training_1_400

So, more later and thanks for the support - LOVE hearing from you all!

Cheers,
Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kristen - You are awesome. Have a blast. This has to be the coolest thing ever. Congratulations!
    Cindy Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy - just like in 2011, the good wishes and mental support I get from the club will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete