Saturday, June 21, 2014

Going Off the Beaten Path!

It's BIG, really really BIG...
well, it's not really big....
It's TALL, really, really TALL!!!

I'm headed out to do something I've needed and wanted to do for some time, participate in an off-road course.

Morton's BMW has for several years offered the course, but it just hasn't fit until this year.

One of my biggest hurtles (sorry, pun intended) was only having street bikes.  I've had the R1200RT on plenty of gravel roads (with me nearly panicked the entire time), but I don't really want it out on the course.  This year a buddy with whom I've done some demo rides offered his BMW X-Challenge.

Without thinking, I drop the course fee knowing I'd have a ride.

Roll forward a few weeks and I go to retrieve the bike.  Well, let's just say that a kitchen counter has nothing on this motorcycle's seat height.  I could barely get my leg over it.  And forget tip-toeing.  I'm alternately balancing from one boot tip to the other.  I needed help just getting the bike upright.

So, now I'm headed off to the course.  I'm just glad to know picking up a bike is part of the training!

Stay tuned to find out not IF I drop the bike, but how many times... are there any bruises involved... how long will the bike have to be in the shop...  To find out these and many other thrilling mysteries join us back here tomorrow! 

Off to go have some TALL FUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Trevor and I are anxiously awaiting, with baited breath, your next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, bait breath.... not so sure if that sounds good or not ;) Thanks for following along Pam!

    ReplyDelete