Saturday, August 22, 2009

RIDE DETAILS!!!

Holy stuff... the time is coming quickly for the adventure to begin.

Thanks to everyone for their generous offers of lodging in Florida. In order to have a bit of solo time to prepare, this introvert has decided on staying at a hotel (likely the host hotel, Days Inn-Jacksonville-Neptune Beach) before beginning the ride.

Unless Hoagy makes changes, we'll depart September 8th at 9pm from the Shell Gas Station at 1539 3rd Street South, Jacksonville, FL 32250. If all goes well, I'll turnaround in CA on the 10th and be back in JAX on the 12th - not sure of the time yet, but it needs to be before the 100 hour clock runs out.

Some of the Florida Motor Maids are talking about coming out to do a send off. If all the MMs and the local BMWST.com riders who talked about supporting me come too, this will be a great send off! I'm so excited.

Thanks to everyone for the continued encouragement and keep the pledges/donations coming!


(thanks to Roy Temple for the nice picture of me at the UNrally :)

2 comments:

  1. I posted all your information on our District's Multiply site. Hopefully, you'll get some support from the FLAMM's. You're pretty amazing, you know that.

    See you soon.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan - and thanks to the "FLAMMs" ! I don't know about me being "amazing"... with all the support I get from folks and the idea of helping some kids with special needs, it make this so much more 'do-able'.

    ReplyDelete