Thursday, August 6, 2009


For those that know me, this announcement will come as no surprise, for everyone else... welcome to my idea of FUN! ... and this time, I get to do it for a cause.


As part of Hoagy's Heroes long-distance charity rides, I'm going to be heading out the beginning of September from Neptune Beach, FL -> to San Diego, CA -> back to Neptune Beach, FL.Check out the ride site at: http://www.hoagysheroes.org/


I wasn't sure about asking this, but have been encouraged to invite you all to participate with me. So, if you would like to sponsor me, I would LOVE your support.


Here's the info from the Sponsors Pledge Worksheet


* 2009 Hoagy’s Heroes Long Distance Charity Rides

* Ride: 100 hrs Coast to Coast to Coast Sept 8-12, 2009

* Participants Name: Kirsten Talken-Spaulding

* City: Stafford St: Virginia



Info I need to collect:

*Sponsor Name

* Phone #

* Amount $


You can make your pledge now and when I complete the ride, I'll collect your pledge and pass it along. Or, if you want to skip all that just send your donation with your sponsorship.


I've seen other folks use PayPal as a way of collecting and so I'd like to invite you to make a pledge, sponsoring me there (use the email listed above). Otherwise, the form asks that checks be made payable To: Hoagy's Heroes, Inc.


I will turn over EVERY DIME! and will cover all my ride expenses (getting to and from FL, oil changes, hotels, fuels, food...). These are tough times, so it's even tougher times for charity organizations. Any amount you are willing and able to sponsor me with would be greatly appreciated.


Hoagy's Heroes has three selected charities; A Special Wish Foundation, Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund, & NHS Autism School. As the website says, "Donations to Hoagy's Heroes, Inc. are Tax Deductible because we are a 501c3 organization."


The sponsorship form also has Hoagy's contact information if you should have any questions (Home (304) 845-8827 – Cell (304) 639-1863).


Thanks for taking the time to read all this and consider sponsoring my ride. I'm excited and would love your support, in what ever way you can provide it.


As a side note, on the return, others will be joining as we try to break the world record for riders of one 50CC. This is going to be fun!


Thanks all,

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment