Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time to test the training...

Just got back from a WONDERFUL trip to JAX, FL to kick tires and talk riding with some of the world's most accomplished long-distance motorcycle riders. To say this was a "who's who" of the Iron Butt Association wouldn't do it justice.



But it's time to put some of my IB5k preparation training to the test. The quick down and back to Florida (700 miles each way) confirmed I haven't lost the ability to, "sit there and twist that" for hours on end. Tomorrow Jennifer and I see how our seven weeks of training for our first ever race pans out. Less than two months ago neither one of us felt like we could jog more than a minute... and even then we were out of breath. We're up to 2 and a half miles at a time. So, with a bit of quick stepping in the middle to cool down, we're shooting to finish the race in about an hour.



Yep, tomorrow morning we start the 8k (~5 miles for all those folks who don't remember their metric schooling from back in the 1970's). I just received my replacement SPOT tracker, so I'm going to see if we can get it up and you can follow along. And no, you do not have to get up and run along with us at 8:00 tomorrow morning. I'll post the map if this works. But if you do want to check it out before I get it posted, link to http://jasonjonas.org/spot/tripViewer.do?id=4184



Wish us luck, and legs that won't quit!

No comments:

Post a Comment