Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yep, I think it's official, I'm certifiable. But it's for a great cause so it must be alright.

Here's the deal...I like to ride my motorcycle - a LOT

Hoagy's Heroes has long distance charity motorcycle rides

I think it's important to give back to the universe

Long ride + giving back -> bingo! We have a great match.

This year there is a ride from Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA and back to Jacksonville... in less than 100 hours. For those who follow Long Distance Motorcycling, in Iron Butt Association terms this is often known as a 100CCC. The goal is to safely ride this distance while raising funds for a number of charity organizations.

So, if you would like to help sponsor me for this ride, I'd love your support. All donations will go straight to Hoagy's Heroes who distributes the funds to a number of charities. Find out more about their work and the rides at http://hoagysheroes.org/

While folks can send checks, I'm guessing most everyone would rather not bother with that anymore, so I'm set-up to accept donations via PayPal. You don't need to have an account to donate, you would just make you pledge to me at: k.talken@gmx.net. I will cover all the fees so your FULL donation goes to the cause.

Want to know more, please just drop me a line at the address listed above, and thanks for your support.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment